The Viridian team is looking for a programme manager to join us in growing African entrepreneurial ecosystems by driving the African Angel Academy programme.
About the role
The programme manager will own the delivery of the African Angel Academy project from end-to-end. Day-to-day tasks will include planning training events, communicating with participants, keeping all the content-production wheels turning, and doing whatever it takes to help the members of the AAA network have a satisfying experience whenever they interact with us. Your job will be fast-paced and varied, ranging from managing content development with the Viridian team and suppliers to building an engaged community to participate in the planned programme activities, overseeing the growth of our online training programme, and running and facilitating webinars. This is an exciting role for an outgoing, detail-oriented person with great project management and communication skills, interested in the early-stage investment space, and passionate about building African entrepreneurial ecosystems!
About African Angel Academy
African Angel Academy is an African-led initiative that trains and supports new or current angel investors through a self-paced online course or sponsored cohort programmes. It is delivered in partnership with Kenya-based ViKtoria Ventures and endorsed by the African Business Angels Network (ABAN). Angel investors are typically the first and least risk-averse investors in early-stage entrepreneurial ecosystems, making them a critical component of thriving economies. Over the past two years, AAA has trained nearly 400 aspiring angel investors in 16 African countries. The programme combines self-paced foundational lessons, expert-led live Masterclasses and QnAs, and active community building to create a transformative learning experience for participants, with nearly two-thirds reporting that they’ve become active angel investors or increased their investment activity since completing the programme. This impact contributes to Viridian’s purpose of growing shared prosperity across Africa.
Location: Cape Town
Capacity required and duration: 100% dedicated for a 7-month contract with the possibility to extend to a full-time position.
●Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or Finance
●Fluent in both French and English, spoken and written
Does this sound like the perfect role for you? We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
To apply, please follow these steps:
Email us on email@example.com. In the subject line of the email please indicate the role you are applying for as well as your name and surname. As part of your email, please share a motivation of your suitability for the role as well as fit for our team, and include the following documents in your application:
1. PDF versions of your up-to-date CV
2. Copy of your ID or Passport
3. Work permit and/or proof that you are legally able to work in South Africa (if you are not a South African citizen)
4. Three contactable references.
We will not consider applications where the above details/ documents are not included.
Closing date: Monday, 31 October 2022
Before you apply, take a look at our ways of working and culture. This is super important to us as a team:
- Solution Creator & Change Agility – Comfortable with fast-paced projects and deliverables, being solutions focused in attitude and delivery.
- Operational Excellence Highly organised, with great attention to detail and focused on quality delivery. Able to successfully prioritise, while managing various types of activities concurrently.
- Effective Communication & Engagement – Comfortable with being highly collaborative, communicative and flexible when it comes to delivery. A people’s person with excellent communication skills (written, verbal and online).
- Self Starter & Ownership – An independent worker, yet a team player. We expect you to take ownership of your deliverables, while still working with the broader team. Comfortable with taking initiative and working without much supervision, but also comfortable to ask for help where required.
- Growth Mindset & Innovation – Hungry to learn and develop. Good self awareness and emotional intelligence. Positive outlook with regards to failure and the associated learnings from them.
- Digital Savvy Team Collaborator – Skilled at using a range of digital / online collaboration tools such as Asana, Slack, Miro and Zoom Pro would be ideal.
- Have Fun! – Know how to have fun, and don’t take things too seriously.
We look forward to receiving your application! 🌱