Kickstart your career in Africa’s entrepreneurial ecosystem with a six-month paid internship at Viridian.
Viridian is looking for two interns to start in January 2023:
1) A Research Assistant with an interest in project management
2) A Marketing Assistant with design skills.
Who we are:
Viridian is an impact agency specialising in designing and delivering innovative training and network- building programmes across Africa. Our small team of smart, experienced and energetic people in Cape Town form a wonderful mentor pool while you work hands-on in the business.
If you’re an organised, enthusiastic university graduate with a keen interest in entrepreneurship who enjoys playlists and baked goods, read on.
1) Research Assistant
· Research, catalogue and prioritise information and data for writers compiling training materials and toolkits, under guidance of Director: Product (and/or project leader).
· Source and curate additional resources and references to complement content.
· Send and follow up on surveys, and check and clean resulting data.
· Write short pieces of content in an engaging style, when required.
· Assist programme managers with data gathering, analysis and reporting as required.
· An honours-level degree, preferably in business.
· Curious, analytical and outcomes driven.
· An interest in project management is advantageous.
2) Marketing Assistant
· Write, design and upload regular (3-5 times a week) posts to Instagram and/or LinkedIn, in line with the Marketing & Communications Manager’s strategy and plan.
· Engage with social media posts (e.g. respond to comments, share relevant posts etc.), with guidance from the Marketing & Communications Manager.
· Support M&C Manager in scheduling campaigns and ensure all timelines are adhered to.
· Support multi-channel recruitment drives (e.g. compile databases, send direct mailers, follow up on leads etc.).
· Design flyers, banners, certificates, etc. as required.
· A degree or diploma in marketing, design or similar.
· Able to work quickly but precisely, and think on your feet.
· Examples of design work.
· Proficiency on Canva (and other design tools) is a massive plus.
For both roles, you will need:
· Your own means of transport or reliable means of getting into our Woodstock office twice a week.
· A quiet place to work with wifi (when working from home).
· Your own laptop is a bonus, although a Viridian machine is available.
We will provide:
· A salary of R15 000 a month (gross).
· Subsidy of your wifi up to R750 a month.
· A well-stocked snack box in the office.
To apply, please email the following to email@example.com:
· Copy of ID
· Most recent university transcript
· A cover letter
· An example of your work (research project / writing sample / design portfolio)
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Wednesday, 11 January 2023.
Before you apply, take a look at our ways of working and culture. This is super important to us as a team:
- Solution Creator & Change Agility – Comfortable with fast-paced projects and deliverables, being solutions focused in attitude and delivery.
- Operational Excellence Highly organised, with great attention to detail and focused on quality delivery. Able to successfully prioritise, while managing various types of activities concurrently.
- Effective Communication & Engagement – Comfortable with being highly collaborative, communicative and flexible when it comes to delivery. A people’s person with excellent communication skills (written, verbal and online).
- Self Starter & Ownership – An independent worker, yet a team player. We expect you to take ownership of your deliverables, while still working with the broader team. Comfortable with taking initiative and working without much supervision, but also comfortable to ask for help where required.
- Growth Mindset & Innovation – Hungry to learn and develop. Good self awareness and emotional intelligence. Positive outlook with regards to failure and the associated learnings from them.
- Digital Savvy Team Collaborator – Skilled at using a range of digital / online collaboration tools such as Asana, Slack, Miro and Zoom Pro would be ideal.
- Have Fun! – Know how to have fun, and don’t take things too seriously.
We look forward to receiving your application! 🌱